Tuesday, December 30, 2014

32-34 week update


         As of yesterday we are at 34 weeks. For those of you who know what has been happening to this point feel free to skip to the next paragraph. I went in for a regular ultra sound at 32 weeks to continue to monitor my cervix length. My cervix length had shortened again, 100% effaced, and I was dilated to 1cm so they decided to put me under bed rest at the hospital for at least 2 weeks. They gave me a steroid shot to help develop the babies longs just in case they were born early. They also hooked me up to the monitor for a NST (non stress test) just to keep and I on the babies and to see if I was getting contractions. Shortly after the shot I started to get some contractions that were eight minutes apart. They decided to put me on an IV with some saline and magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions. They also gave me a catheter to keep the pressure off my uterus. The magnesium stopped my contractions but they kept me on everything until the next morning. They decided to put me on procardia which keeps the contractions away, take out the catheter, and to only monitor me three times a day.  A few days later I started to get contractions again. They were eight minutes apart so they decided to give me a shot of terbutaline which was able to stop the contractions again. The doctor then decided to double my dose of Procardia. That helped for about a week and then I started to get contractions yet again at 12:30 AM Christmas day. They ended up having to give me two shots of terbutaline to stop them this time. So far I have not had any more.

         I had another ultrasound yesterday and am now 2 cm dilated. Baby boy is still head down but baby girl is now transverse again. He is 5 lbs. 3 oz. and she is 5 lbs. 10 oz. We got a couple good pictures of them again but I can't post them since I don't have a scanner. They decided they are going to keep me in the hospital until the babies are born because I am still occasionally getting active contractions and I live 40 miles away. Now that I am 34 weeks they will no longer give me the terbutaline rescue shots or the magnesium sulfate. If I start having contractions, dilate more, or if my water breaks they will just deliver now. Next Monday they will be taking me off of the procardia so I am guessing I will go into labor that day or Tuesday.

         Tom flew in Saturday night so he wouldn't miss the birth. They will be letting Damon stay for the whole c-section and they will be letting Tom come in when they deliver them. I can't believe they are almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment