Thursday, January 9, 2014

Flying To Calafornia

         Does any one else have a hard time believing it is January 2014 already? WOW does time fly. My daughter will turn 4 this year, my husband and I just celebrated our 4 year anniversary last month and at the end of this month I will be flying to California to meet with the surrogate agency! While in California I will get my physical, we'll both get a physic evaluation, and finally be able to meet the staff I have been talking to this whole time. I am really excited to get a couple warm days, and not Wisconsin warm where it is 30 degrees in winter and it feels warm, haha. I am not looking forward to being without my daughter, Annabelle, it'll be the longest I've been with out her. I know I will miss her terribly, but I know that she will be safe with my mother in law.
         I'm completely nervous about flying, last time I flew I swore I was never going to fly again! I was 6 months pregnant and flying from North Carolina, where I was living, to Iowa, where I was raised, to go to my Uncle's wedding. The first flight was from North Carolina to Georgia, that flight went fine no problems. The second was from Georgia to Iowa, this is where things went wrong and I swore I'd never fly again. We were about an hour and a half into the flight when they pilot came over the intercom and said that we were going to have to turn around because something with the plane was going on, I can't remember specifics anymore. After we turn around the entire flight back the airplane shook, and I don't mean the small shakes you usually get when flying I mean I thought I was going to die it was shaking so much. The entire flight back I'm saying to myself, I can't die my husband is deployed and I am pregnant I just can't die. Obviously I didn't die we made it back to the airport safely where we took a different plane to Iowa and that flight went perfectly fine, no problems what so ever.

3 comments:

  1. I have to fly back to California too this year. I love flying, but my LO has never been on a plane and is TERRIFIED of flying. I'm kinda considering using it as an excuse to not have to fly back... lol... but, the family misses us, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a plane quite a few times now and have never experienced this! I think if this would have been my first flight I probably would never step on a plane again. Since I know it is safer in the sky I probably still will fly but I am always a little nervous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shocked that 2014 is already here. It seems like 2013 just zoomed by way to quickly. It's a shame too.

    ReplyDelete