Thursday, October 16, 2014

22 week ultra sound & check up


         I don't have any ultra sound pictures of the babies because they just didn't want to give us good pictures this time. Baby A (boy) is now measuring 15 oz. He still has a low laying placenta which is not covering my cervix so we are not too worried about that right now. He didn't really show his face for us this time so the picture we got of him wasn't too good. His favorite activity is kicking my bladder. It is not just a normal kick it is an intense kick out of no where.

         Baby B (girl) is measuring 1 lb. 2 oz. so she is 3 oz. bigger than her brother. I just have bigger girls I guess (Anna was 9lbs, 3oz.). She was moving a lot during the ultra sound so we didn't get a very good picture of her this time either. Her favorite activity is discovering how close to my ribs she can kick. Luckily her kicks aren't as intense as her brothers, yet....

22 Weeks 2 Days

         I am 23 weeks 4 days as of today but I am measuring 12 weeks ahead now which puts me at 35 weeks 4 days. Carrying twins they suggest that you gain 24 pounds by 24 weeks and that you gain 10 pounds more then you would with a singleton pregnancy. While I am eating more calories then normal I am still 9 pounds shy of the 24 pounds. Like I said in my last blog post I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Anna until I got to about 30 weeks. Although Halloween is just around the corner so that should push me up a little, haha,
         At my next appointment I get to do my glucose screening so I have the awesome task of drinking that nasty tasting drink. I failed it when I was pregnant with Anna so I had to go in and repeat the test. Lets hope that doesn't happen this time! I will also be getting my RhoGAM shot at the same visit. I need this shot because my blood type is A- (about 15% of people are RH-).  I get this shot during pregnancy at around 28 weeks and then I will get it with in 24 hours of delivery only if I deliver a RH+ baby. So I don't bore you even more HERE is a link with more information regarding RH- during pregnancy.

How have you been feeling?
         Things are becoming harder to do now. Simple things like putting my socks on and getting off the couch has become increasingly difficult. I will be needing a lot of help from Annabelle and Damon soon until some time after delivery. I don't like depending on people but there is only so much I can do, haha, Usually I answer the "what are you craving" and "what are you dreaming questions but I would have nothing to put there this time. I don't have any specific cravings they just randomly come to me and it is usually after seeing something. With my dreams there is nothing I am dreaming that is abnormal or consistent.



         I decided to answer some questions that I have been asked so far this pregnancy. I have answers to the more common questions HERE.

Does it feel different with two moving in there?
         The short answer to this questions is yes. Some times they each move at different times which feels no different then when you are pregnant with a singleton. When they are both moving at the same time it is like that times two. I am simultaneously getting kicked in the bladder and the ribs at the same time which is not really a good feeling.

How are you going to be able to give them to their dad?
         This is probably one of the most common questions I have been asked. I know I covered it in my FAQ's section of my blog but I would like to answer it again now that I am actually pregnant. I believe most people ask this because they find it hard to understand how I can carry these babies and then give them to their dad after I deliver them.
         If you are a surrogate for the right reasons you will take away from it just as much as you are giving. They get the wonderful gift of a child and you get the amazing feeling of being able to help fulfill some ones dreams. The feeling itself is indescribable. I do feel an attachment to them in the sense that I would like to see them grow up and hear about how they are doing. I want the same for them as I want for my own daughter. I don't feel as if they are mine in any way. I do not feeling like I will be giving up some thing that is mine. I do not, at the moment, want any more children and I do believe that has helped me with the emotional aspect of it. As I said this is a hard question to explain but I hope that I have helped some people understand.

Please feel free to message me, email me, or comment asking me any question that you have. The only question I will not answer how ever is about compensation, see FAQ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment